Carom seeds benefits in Ayurveda, Many properties of carom seeds have been counted in Ayurveda. According to Ayurveda, the nature of the carom seeds is hot and it balances the Kapha and Vata dosha. But it is a Pitta dosha enhancer. Ajwain is a well-known spice in the Indian kitchen. It is used as a spice in many types of vegetable curries. The medicinal properties of the carom seeds have been traditionally taken advantage of. It has been described as a digestive enhancer, pungent and spicy in Ayurveda. Many types of nutritional chemicals are found inside it, which gives it its special medicinal power. Such as thymol (1, 53.8%), lupeol (2), linoleic acid (3), stearic acid (4), eicosanoic acid (5), β-sitosterol-3-O-β- D-glucoside (6) , ethyl acetate. Let us look at the benefits of carom seeds in detail.
Table of Contents
1. Enhances Digestive Power: carom seeds benefits in Ayurveda
The nutrients and chemicals found in carom seeds help in the digestion of food. That is why it is used in curries and dishes, which are heavy to digest.
2. In stomach gas: carom seeds benefits in Ayurveda
The chemicals known in carom seeds give it the ability to remove Vata dosha. Therefore, whenever there is pain in the muscles in the body, the carom seeds oil massaging or (ajwain) carom seeds water is done by elders in India.
4. Anemia: carom seeds benefits in Ayurveda
Ajwain (carom seeds) is rich in iron, that is why the use of celery is very beneficial in case of anemia and it prevents jaundice in the body. That is why it is used regularly in the diet of a new mother under a certain amount.
5. For the health of the new mother: carom seeds benefits in Ayurveda
At the time of childbirth, a woman’s body becomes very weak because she struggles with anemia, muscle weakness, and sudden emptiness in the body. Ajwain is beneficial for the health of the mother’s body, in all these respects.
6. Cold, Cough and Sore Throat
Carom seeds (Ajwain) tea is extremely beneficial in colds and sore throats. As its nature is hot and it strengthens the immunity against bacterial and viral infections.
7. Allergic cough and asthma
The chemicals found in ajwain give it a special smell and medicinal quality. That works very effectively against asthmatic and allergic cough.
Precautions to be taken while taking carom seeds (Ajwain)
1. The effect of celery is very hot, so it is advised to consume it in a certain amount only.
2. Use ajwain carefully on the skin as it gives a burning feeling on the skin.
3. Consuming excess carom seeds can make the stomach hot or cause acid reflux.
4. Avoid using carom seeds during pregnancy. because its hot effect can be harmful in pregnancy.