The uses of Watermelon Seeds in Ayurveda have been described very well. Watermelon is a summer fruit. According to Ayurveda, its nature is cold and it destroys pitta dosha. Along with this, it balances the Vata, Kapha dosha in the body. Watermelon is such a fruit that along with its pulp its seeds are also eaten, both its parts are very beneficial for health. Let’s understand its benefits in detail in this article and also the precautions to be taken in taking it.
All such nutrients are found inside watermelon seeds which are good for heart health. Because it also normalizes blood pressure, that is why it also increases heart health. Because according to Ayurveda, watermelon seeds are cold in nature, that is why it reduces the bad effect of Pitta dosha on the heart.
2. Improving Male Fertility
In Ayurveda, watermelon seeds have been said to strengthen the man’s sperm capacity. From a scientific point of view too, watermelon seeds contain a good amount of zinc. Which increases fertility.
3. Keeping the body cool: Uses of Watermelon Seeds in Ayurveda
The nature of WaterMelon has been described as cold in Ayurveda. It reduces body heat and keeps it cool. However, you can consume the Muskmelon seeds throughout the year. But in summer it is used extensively in a drink called Thandai. Because Thandai is also a drink that keeps the body cool and Watermelon seeds play an important role in making it.
4. Strengthens Bones: Uses of Watermelon Seeds in Ayurveda
WaterMelon seeds are rich in minerals like calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium that strengthen bones. That is why in Ayurveda, Muskmelon seeds are also counted among the substances that strengthen bones. Such Indian traditional recipes, which are made for strengthening bones, Watermelon seeds are used very well in that.
5. Lowering Blood Pressure: WaterMelon Seeds Benefits in Ayurveda
Because Watermelon seeds are cooling in Ayurvedic nature. They help in reducing blood pressure. The scientific analysis also says that it contains a good amount of nutritious, minerals such as potassium. Which helps in reducing blood pressure.
6. In diabetes: Uses of Watermelon Seeds in Ayurveda
Traditionally, Watermelon seeds have also been consumed under Ayurveda to keep the glucose level of the body normal. Modern scientific research also says that Watermelon seed’s alpha-glucosidase inhibitor reduces the absorption of carbohydrates, which also lowers the level of glucose.
7. For Good Skin: Uses of Watermelon Seeds in Ayurveda
Watermelon seeds contain all the nutrients and chemicals that help in keeping the skin glowing and youthful such as Magnesium, Calcium, Iron Zinc, Sodium, Copper etc. It nourishes your skin from within
8. Strengthens Immunity: Uses of Watermelon Seeds in Ayurveda
In Ayurveda, Watermelon seeds are counted under such foods that develop the body’s immunity. According to scientific research, Muskmelon seeds contain a good amount of magnesium and manganese, which helps in strengthening the body’s immunity.
9. Stress / Anxiety and Depression: Uses of Watermelon Seeds in Ayurveda
Watermelon seeds keep the body and mind cool and along with this, the amount of anti-oxidants in them is found to be good for relaxing the mind. That is why it also helps to a great extent in reducing stress. Quite often the stress comes due to physical weakness or the lack of blood. Watermelon seeds also help to eliminate the weakness of the body.
Cautions while eating Watermelon seeds
1. Watermelon seeds should not be consumed more than half a teaspoon daily.
2. By eating more Watermelon seeds, your blood pressure could decrease, so eat only within the prescribed quantity and it would be better if you eat thrice in a week.
3. Excess Consumption of Watermelon seeds can also cause stones in the kidney or bladder. That is why it is beneficial to eat carefully in the prescribed quantity only